Tuesday 11 December 2007

Birthday Treats

Today is my birthday and as I was in work all day the only thing to look forward to was the match later,.......Cmon you REDMEN!!
But at around 9.30 this morning all this changed when a bird looking like a small wheatear was in front of the depot that I work out. I jumped out of my land rover and walked towards the bird, when I got to 25feet away the bird flew along the path, showing off its tail. The red in its tail and the grey body, a juv or female black redstart. Excellent! Get your bins, no get your camera. The birds in the centre, the lights great, time to press the button....OH no my batteries are dead and ive got no spares.
Well I hope its there tomorrow just to get a picture and show you all.
Chris

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nice one. 4 nil win and a 'RED'start...and the team were wearing black...SPOOKY... that Bird must have known something. Many Happy Returns Chris. Good luck with the photie!