Sunday 28 October 2007

And now for something completely different.





No I didn’t meet old hook nose on the way to Aldi. Just thought you might like to see who I met at Chester Zoo today. Love them or hate them the Zoo is currently the nearest I’m going to get to a Condor or Vulture for now. I’m sure these chaps would rather be soaring over the mountains & plains, but without breeding programmes how many species would now be extinct. The Andean Condor is the largest flying bird in the world, not the prettiest, but certainly impressive. Something you certainly got a perspective of when you saw them flying in their large enclosures.
To finish on a topical note ‘Halloween’, if you do fancy a trip to the Zoo and you’re not 'chicken' don’t miss out on the Twilight Zone; Batwings fluttering against your hair and fingers being nibbled in the dark, need I say more.............! Laura

No comments: